Over the past few years CBD has become a hot topic in the public zeitgeist. Being touted for various health and wellness benefits and having many claims made in regards to what it can do. At Henotic Hemp we try to be as transparent and honest as possible. CBD is not a panacea but it can offer a wide range of benefits. Legally, we are not allowed to make any claims but what we can say is this:
- There is a lot of good info on Google about CBD and what its done for others.
- CBD is not addicting.
- CBD has minimal side effects. Its as natural as you can get.
- You wont regret giving CBD a try.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of many cannabinoids found in the hemp and cannabis plants alike. CBD, by itself, is a non-psychoactive compound which binds to CB2 receptors found within the bodies natural endocannabinoid system. CBD acts like a key to the lock that is the CB2 receptor.
The Endocannabinoid system, discovered in 1992, is a mammalian endogenous cannabinoid system and is found within human and animal bodies, alike. The endocannabinoid system, or ECS, is composed of CB1 and CB2 receptors. These receptors are found most prevalently in the brain and fatty tissues and are activated by cannabinoids like CBD and THC. The ECS can be thought of like an umbrella system helping to regulate many of the bodies other systems, most notably various cardiovascular, nervous, and immune system functions inside cells. Proper cannabinoid supplementation can help bring these systems into a state of proper balance, or Homeostasis.
There are two main types of CBD. Full-Spectrum and Pure CBD Isolate.
- Full-Spectrum CBD is a full plant extract, containing many natural cannabinoids and terpenes, and is rich in natural hemp flavor and aroma. Full-Spectrum CBD oils contain trace amounts of THC, along with other cannabinoids and produces what is called the 'Entourage Effect' making it more potent and effective than pure CBD alone.
- Pure CBD Isolate is the isolated CBD molecule and nothing else. Isolate CBD is 100% THC free and is flavorless and orderless making it a good option for those sensitive to taste and for those concerned with having any THC in their system.
- The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp and hemp derived products from its former Schedule 1 drug classification, making hemp derived CBD federally legal. Legal CBD products are required to have a THC content of .3% THC or less on a dry weight basis. As with any new laws, things take time to move from the federal to state levels and we suggest doing your own research into your specific area of residence in order to determine your state or counties stance on CBD.
- We currently ship products to 46 states. Unfortunately we are unable to ship products at this time to:
- North Dakota
- You DO NOT need to have a medical marijuana card to purchase CBD
- CBD dosages can vary quite a lot between individuals. We always recommend starting low and working your way up to determine the minimum effective dose thats right for you(or your pet).
- 20mg is a good place to start. Keep in mind it can take up to 2 hours for effects to completely set in.
- Personally, we enjoy a dose of 25-50mg in the morning for normal everyday activities and find a dose of 75-100mg at night works wonders for a restful nights sleep.
- Pets can be even more precarious when it comes to CBD and again, we recommend starting very low and working your way up. No more than a couple milligrams to start.
The statements made here are based on anecdotal evidence and should not be taken as medical advice. Always consult your doctor or physician before starting on any new supplement. If you have any questions whatsoever we would be very happy to answer them.
You can email us at email@example.com
Or send us a message on Facebook or Instagram. Search @henotichemp on either platform to find us.